LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Alfa's upcoming product portfolio

Just wanted to share this infographic which gives us a look at Alfa's future product launches. They have 7 new vehicles in the pipeline for 2022, but there are also 2 unknown products that will be made to meet specific regional needs. Maybe just maybe one of those could end up being the Alfetta.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 12:43 PM

The 8C was once one of the last greatest Alfa's we could get our hands on. Finally it will be making a return. However Ferrari has something that fills its spot, the Ferrari FF and similar Ferrari models.

What direction do you think the 8C could take this time around?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 02:21 PM

Great to see that the brand already has some diverse expansion plans. I really hope the Giulietta finally makes its way stateside. Personally I think with so many super cars moving towards electrification, that Alfa should consider releasing the 8C as an electric. Tesla's Roadster is looking to be faster and a fraction of the cost of comparable Ferraris and Lamborghini's.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

It would be a serious challenge for any automaker to deliver a high performance electric that will match the Roadster on specs and price. That being said people may be inclined to spend more money on a rival product with an established legacy.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian View Post
It would be a serious challenge for any automaker to deliver a high performance electric that will match the Roadster on specs and price. That being said people may be inclined to spend more money on a rival product with an established legacy.
Tesla proved it with the original Tesla Roadster and are about to on a higher level with the new Roadster.
Sometimes it takes one reputable car maker to kick off a new configuration and I suspect other brands will follow Tesla's lead.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 02:12 PM

I'm a little surprised that we haven't heard more about Lotus' Evora electric concept, which was first seen around a year ago. I know it didn't offer much in terms of range, but surely the technology has improved since it was first designed.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 01:22 PM

If Lotus is waiting on Toyota like they did in the past, then it will be worth waiting. All their products have been great but volume and saturating a market isn't part of their game.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

There are also reports that Fisker is planning on reintroducing a new model to that market. The technology has come quite far since we last saw a vehicle from them however and they will need to significantly improve build quality and reliability of their products. https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/h...-and-autonomy/
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 04:24 PM

Fisker gets design half right. The Karma had a nice exterior but the interior felt like it was pulled from a boring decade.
Partnering up with a big car maker might be the future for them just to get sales volume up.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 11:37 AM

They were never able to get productions numbers up either, facing similar challenges to what Tesla has seen. I have read they are looking to secure their own facility this time around, just don't know where they will get all their working capital from.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page