LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Was thinking Giulia, Maybe not?

Good day fellow enthusiasts. Long story short, I was looking towards buying a Giulia, but caught whiff of some photos of the Alfa Romeo Alfetta and it really caught my attention. So I'm going to wait and see what happens first. I'll share some images here and I guess create another thread for more photos and renderings and all of that good stuff.

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:36 PM

Giulia is a good safe choice, at least if you get that, odds are you will deal with less issues. But the Alfetta is in a whole different segment. Why such vast choices? I don't see people think like this with the 3-Series and 5-Series.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 05:56 PM

The Giulia is definitely a great model to fall back on if the Alfetta is not everything you'd hoped it would be. Especially the QV trim that caught the attention of enthusiasts globally. But with a lower body weight and perhaps more aerodynamic body, the alfetta should preform better than its sibling.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Figured I want the more luxurious type of deal along with a bit of a sleeker body design, if that's how it comes out at least... well if it comes out.

If it's a lower body weight, that's another plus but I think it'll be a bit heavier. Nonetheless, little changes like that won't bother me in the performance sector of that.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 03:42 PM

As long as they increase performance in proportion to its size and weight i'll be happy, even better if its better balanced than the M5. If they can fill those M5 shoes most people will look over that first part I mentioned... among many other reasons that can give AR an advantage.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

It realistically doesn't even need to be betterthan the M5, but it does have to prove to be some real strong competition for it. Pricing differences and styling will do the rest. Will they sell as many as the M5, nope. BUT it'll further reinforce the brand.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldD View Post
It realistically doesn't even need to be betterthan the M5, but it does have to prove to be some real strong competition for it. Pricing differences and styling will do the rest. Will they sell as many as the M5, nope. BUT it'll further reinforce the brand.
One thing for sure it does need to be better around the track than an M5, any other area it can lack in but Alfa Romeo being a subset of Ferrari there are expectations people have coming to this, much like with the Giulia, and we know how it stands among the M3's of this world.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Just looking at the ring times alone, the Giulia QV demolished so many vehicles that nobody would have even imagined possible. It's a beast. I think the M3 GTS is the only thing that made it to the Ring' top 100 and it was way in the 90s compared to the QV that was high up the list towards the top.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 09:26 PM

We have high expectations for the alfetta thanks to the Giulia QV. I'm expecting it to set some new track record for its segment at the nurburgring. What models are holding the top few positions?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Not only the Giulia QV but the Stelvio QV as well !! I haven't checked the site for a while but I know for sure the QV is still up there and that's all that matters to me

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page