LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Headlight Ideas

None of the vehicles on the Alfa Romeo lineup have a full led-integrated headlight system and I think it would look pretty sharp on the Alfetta going by the renderings that we see.

Do you think it's possible that they would potentially take a little change in design routing and design a setup like that for it?
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 05:03 PM

For me the best look would be Acura style Jewel LED light "bulbs" in a housing similar to the Stelvio:

But unlike Acura they have far more going for themselves than looks. Not many would care for next-generation lighting.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

I really thought I posted a photo along with that but I did have the jewel lights on there.

I agree though, and perhaps in the aftermarket they'll come out with a set (I doubt it). Worst case scenario, I can always take it to a shop in my area that does a lot of headlight modifications like retro-fits and they can install something like that in it.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 02:59 PM

Don't know how many people would care for different headlights but if its going to happen, Giulia will be the first and the most popular. The rest not so much. Its typically with cheaper vehicles that aftermarket headlights are prevalent.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, that's why I said I doubt it.. Guess it'll be the retro-fit route I'll be taking as I'm pretty sure I'll want something to make it look more "vip" in a sense.

Don't plan on ruining it with big wheels and the whole nine yards though so don't worry, I won't be mutilating an Alfa
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldD View Post
Yeah, that's why I said I doubt it.. Guess it'll be the retro-fit route I'll be taking as I'm pretty sure I'll want something to make it look more "vip" in a sense.

Don't plan on ruining it with big wheels and the whole nine yards though so don't worry, I won't be mutilating an Alfa
Glad to hear that. Seeing how the QV looks with its wheels, when the QV Alfetta comes out I probably wouldn't want to get wheels that are far off from that. Already on the Giulia they are big enough, for some maybe even too big. Sometimes you see people who downsize for better track tires.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 12:57 AM

Perhaps Alfa Romeo will reuse the Giulia headlights but tweak them a bit so there's less of a underlining curve for a straighter line, essentially giving the Alfetta angry eyes.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 06:56 PM

Only things i can see them reusing are the internal parts, they have the budget and the brand image to take a different design approach and given how much we're paying for these, the less cookie cutter the better for them and us.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 10:34 PM

Maybe narrow the existing ones on the Giulia and add some more small LED lights in the headlight casing?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 02:23 PM

Since it is a bigger vehicle i think they might have room to do something similar to what Lexus is doing currently and to be honest Alfa can do it better. It can be done in a way that looks very clean and in a way that is truly Alfa.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page