LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

70's Alfa Romeo Alfetta (Type 116) Review

While we're waiting for Alfa Romeo to show us something about the new Alfetta, looking back at the past is necessary especially for anyone here who doesn't know about the old type 116.

As far as saloons go, the Alfetta was a drivers car and this reviewer takes it through the sort of roads that help to highlight on that fact

Enjoy...

P.S. .... make sure English subtitles are enabled

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:03 AM

Here's another one of the GTV6, this one is only a year old and again, english subtitles

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Owners of these are going to be happy once the new Alfetta is out. Nothing better for boosting the price of a classic. Wouldn't mind having a classic Alfetta of my own some day.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:51 PM

Honestly, they're really cool and I got the chance to drive an 80's Alfa, albeit it had a big body kit on it, bmw wheels with the alfa logo, etc. And I honestly didn't even know what it was but after driving it... it felt amazing. All the window switches and what not were on this box on the headliner and it was seriously cool. That kind of got my interest in them at the beginning .
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldD View Post
Honestly, they're really cool and I got the chance to drive an 80's Alfa, albeit it had a big body kit on it, bmw wheels with the alfa logo, etc. And I honestly didn't even know what it was but after driving it... it felt amazing. All the window switches and what not were on this box on the headliner and it was seriously cool. That kind of got my interest in them at the beginning .
You think its amazing but imagine what these we're like back in the days when the market wasn't nearly as saturated with luxury sedans. Back in those days it was a true stand-out product. Which makes you wonder why Alfa went missing all these years.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 10:59 AM

Really not too sure. To be completely honest, I'm not too familiar with the histories of automakers and where and when business took a turn for the better or not with whichever product.. Not really something that interested me but now that you bring it up, it's something I'll probably look into on my spare time.

Looking at what they produced before though and what we have with Alfa Romeo now, you really get a great appreciation for them. One thing for certain though, they've always really stood out and they're continuing that now.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 12:08 PM

Alfa Romeo hasn't always had it easy, but the brand has a very rich history of notable models aside from the Alfetta and I assume enthusiasts are still enamored with the badge and its models today. If only I had the funds to purchase any model I want, then a 33 Stradale would be sitting in my garage.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover View Post
Alfa Romeo hasn't always had it easy, but the brand has a very rich history of notable models aside from the Alfetta and I assume enthusiasts are still enamored with the badge and its models today. If only I had the funds to purchase any model I want, then a 33 Stradale would be sitting in my garage.
Forget the cost to buy one, try buying one. With just 18 example you will either have to be very patient or make offers that current owners can't refuse. Someone holding onto a $10-million gem has a lot of negotiating power in their hands.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSaloon View Post
Forget the cost to buy one, try buying one. With just 18 example you will either have to be very patient or make offers that current owners can't refuse. Someone holding onto a $10-million gem has a lot of negotiating power in their hands.
IM-PO-SI-BLE... It's almost impossible to buy a 33 Stradale these days. I think the only place you can find it is close auctions with a restricted access.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 11:38 AM

It's just a pipe dream that will never be realized, simply because of how rare it is and how much money one would shell out for a car they most likely will never drive. But an Alfetta is within reach, once Alfa Romeo decides to release it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page