LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

I'd really hope there's no brake by wire system, but instead just an electronically assisted brake system. Same with the power steering.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldD View Post
I'd really hope there's no brake by wire system, but instead just an electronically assisted brake system. Same with the power steering.
Infiniti proved an electric steering system that feels good can be done so hopefully you're right and they go through with that. It would make adjusting steering to certain driving modes easier. Would love to have tighter steering in sport mode.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

I do love me a heavy steering feel. But like you've stated, tighter in sport mode would be ideal. It can get tedious when a vehicle has tight steering all the time and during regular city commutes, it's not needed by far. Once you get into sport or even over a certain speed.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldD View Post
I do love me a heavy steering feel. But like you've stated, tighter in sport mode would be ideal. It can get tedious when a vehicle has tight steering all the time and during regular city commutes, it's not needed by far. Once you get into sport or even over a certain speed.
I would prefer it by modes because if its activated by speed, that would make for some weird driving if you happen to get a clear stretch of road on your commute to work, gun it and then ease back when you meet traffic again. At least in a mode its all optional and you have control.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Hmm... I'm not too sure. I think I'd be okay with either. It'll eventually feel natural to you once you drive it around for a week or so. Naturally you'll adapt.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 09:15 PM

Would the steering weight not be adjusted to suit each driving mode? I would assume that's something Alfa Romeo takes into account during the design phase.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The Giulia’s drive select system is controlled by a rotary dial in the center console located next to the audio controls and just behind the gear select lever. By turning the dial to the ‘D’ (Dynamic), ‘N’ (Normal) and ‘A’ (Advanced Efficiency), the driver is able to control the way the car behaves based on the driving scenario at hand.

The Dynamic mode is essentially a sport setting that tightens the steering and sharpens the throttle response, with Normal serving as your standard everyday drive setting. Advanced Efficiency will increase the frequency of traction and stability control intervention and provide better grip in wet, icy or snowy conditions.

A special ‘Race’ setting is also standard on Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde models and provides even sportier throttle and steering settings than Dynamic mode and also stiffens the suspension.
Found this so the steering weight and responsiveness is going to be based on the driving mode that you're in opposed to the speed sensitive type that other vehicles come with.

Using The Alfa Romeo Giulia's DNA System: Video
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-25-2021, 04:05 AM

Even with the 2.9L V6 Twin-Turbo, the Alfetta won't have the mind blowing performance that the Giulia has, mainly due to the increase in size and body weight
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2021, 09:03 AM

Do you have other hobbies besides cars? My hobby is online trading. No, I do not buy expensive assets like shares or cryptocurrencies. I mainly trade options and cfds. You can enter such a trade with only a few dollars. And the profit will surprise you. Read roboforex review tradersunion.com/brokers/forex/view/roboforex/ to have a better idea what I am talking about. Trading is both fun and profitable activity.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page